Monday, April 12, 2010

Tennis Night

So last night I went on a really fun date. My date Cale (hey I'm writing about you in my blog, better than my journal!) works as a tennis instructor and made arrangements for us to play after hours at the club he works at. There were three couples... and needless to say, it was a really good time! It made me miss the summers of playing tennis with Luke, Tim and Joe. It also made me wonder how I had gotten SO rusty in a year! I was a mess! But Cale has assured me he's going to help improve my game, with a minimal fee ;-)

After church I drove 40 minutes to visit my cousin Michelle and her family. I adore them! They're so wonderful to me, and their kids are just the best! It was my first time to their house, which was beautiful. I was originally going to move in with them... and should have! Alee made me an 'Art Book' with pictures she drew for me while I was over. Tavo made me a folding box... don't ask, but it was cute. And the two youngest boys were just winning me over with their coy smiles and funny phrases. I hope to go over there more, I really want their family to know me and vice versa!

Tonight we were lucky to hear John Bytheway speak. For my friends not familiar with who he is, hes a member of the same church as me who has published books and CDs. He's a great public speaker, really funny. It was a treat to hear him speak in person and I was really touched by his message. The topic was having hope in these last days.

No comments:

Post a Comment