Monday, November 2, 2009

Oj!

Oj! Its my new curse... so its strange to adapt to this culture... the more I learn the language and the people, the more I'm changing. NOW instead of saying Oh! or Oops! I say Oj! (which is Swedish.. its pronounced... like ahoy! without the 'aha') Oh brother... (or maybe I should write oj brother, hehe).

Anyway, here are a few updates. So remember that student paper I sent my 100 words to, for that 'handsome prize,' well they published my story and picture (yay!) BUT NO WORD ON THE PRIZE YET!! I feel silly asking for it LOL what do you suggest I do?? I also forgot to blog about my first grade. The class that I took the 4 hour exam for... I got a B on the exam aka my grade in the class. Normally I'd be a little disappointed with this... but NO ONE got an A and there were only 2 B's, mine being one of them. SOOO under those conditions I was pretty happy! And with the Swedish system, a B also earns me 'high distinction' in the class. I'll find out my other grade in 2 weeks... kinda a long time to wait...

In an hour and half I have an interview for this position as the project manager for the Spring Ball 2010 for school. Its strange because I've had a few people already tell me they wanted me (they being the Student Union) for the position, but it seems like a few people are interviewing... so we'll see. I also think I'm going to e-mail this girl I met about helping with this huge Swedish Fashion Show our school puts on.

Anyway, today has been one of those days that I wish I was home... I wonder if this place will ever feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment