Sunday, December 6, 2009

Celebrations.

Hi everyone! Well to begin, today has been one year since Jonas and I met... awwww. And how are we celebrating?? He's taking me to New Moon!!! But as most of you know... my birthday was Friday! I had a really great day, but it still didn't top last year, which I got to spend with so many people who I know care about me :) Jonas took good care of me all day. He surprised me with Ugg boots that I didn't even ask for (but NO girl complains about getting Uggs)! The first thing I thought of was Melissa and Kat, I feel like I can officially be in the club haha. The only problem is... his friend had them imported for me, and they are a size too big... but its the thought that counts and better too big than too small! He also got me a tanning gift card which I really appreciate, especially since I want to have some color for Whitney's wedding! We went out for a nice lunch... and then got ready for the 'Born in the USA party!' If you haven't seen the pictures yet, the idea was that everyone dressed up as their favorite American! I was really impressed with the effort. I created a 'American Goodie Bag' with treats from the states for the best costume (it was a twix bar, pringles, oreos and budweiser) The top three costumes were: Tommy Lee, Risky Business Tom Cruise, and Phoquin Phoenix. It was really funny because during this part everyone was really loud with ooohs and ahhhs and cheering after everything I said. But the winner was Tommy Lee, our friend Joel who had actually bought parts of his costume off the internet (annnd not to mention he had a sock in his pants... you get the idea) so his effort was rewarded and he shared his treats with the party. The apartment was packed with about 30 people, so it was crazy. A lot of people baked treats... a cheesecake, a peanut butter chocolate brownie cake (please her heart) a huge gingerbread cookie with birthday message and I made 30 cupcakes (without muffin tins... so they were every shape EXCEPT round lol) and it was all eaten! Not by me lol. After hanging out for a while, we headed to the student pub which was open for a special night. Usually they are only opened Wednesdays.

Like I said, I really enjoyed my birthday but last year meant so much to me. Almost every night that week, I spent with close friends celebrating. I just really miss you all and can't wait to see you in 5 weeks :) :) :)

Oh I should also thank Kelly for sending me a package in the mail, and my mom... but I'm still irritated because one of my mom's packages didn't arrive. Some of the girls at the party said it was probably because she put food in there... hopefully it will come tomorrow.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Puss och Kram, Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment