Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hinez verses Euroshopper!!

Mom, you may or may not appreciate this... but I must claim defeat. After doing a taste test I am admitting that Hinez ketchup IS better than Euro Shopper brand :( For those of you confused, let me fill you in. So at the grocery store Hinez Ketchup costs about 35SEK ($7... YES $7). The nice, cheaper alternative... Euro Shopper costs 8SEK (just over $1) so OF COURSE I refused to buy Hinez, but was repremanded by Jonas that Euro Shopper sucked. Well, we were at a discount store and found some Hinez Ketchup for about $3 (OH HAPPY DAY!) so I suggested we get some since Jonas has been suffering due to the cheap ketchup. And let me tell you... from the moment it hit my lips, i knew, that it was a superior ketchup. But, although I am admitting defeat, I refuse to pay $7 for ketchup and so Euro Shopper will still be my brand of choice :)

Alright, enough of that. The student paper JUNITED sent an offer for students to write about a "culture shock" since arriving which would then be featured in the paper. Sure that would be cool, but I was intrigued by the promise of... "best entry receives a handsome prize." Handsome prize?! That term is only used on game shows... so I had to take the chance in finding out what the student Swedish paper considers a handsome prize. I tried reviewing my blog for good ideas, but none that I thought was good enough to compete. So I wrote a story from my first visit to Sweden.... here it is!!

"Since arriving in Jonkoping, my Swedish friends have been raving about Max burgers. The evening came when we were finally going to treat ourselves to this highly praised meal. My friend Anders has a car, but instead the guys informed me we were going to walk 30 minutes to get there. I am from the States, so walking 30 minutes to get anywhere, especially fast food sounded like a long time! Not only that, I was surprised that Max is conscious of their carbon emissions and plant trees to offset the effect. Now that’s a breath of fresh air, literally!"

It could only be 100 words, but I hope I win!! Other than that... I should be studying for my final exam or working on my final paper. I'll get around to it, what I really want to do is watch Hocus Pocus tonight! Well I want to wish Kat a happy 21st birthday on the blog :) I hope you had a great day (yesterday)!

1 comment: