Saturday, August 29, 2009

FRIENDS



So this blog is dedicated to my new good friends Caroline and Jake. I've mentioned them before, but now that the crazy parties have settled it nice to write about what I've been doing with friends. So Jake is 22 years old during his second year at JIBS (Jonkoping International Business School http://www.hj.se/eng/ ) and Caroline is starting her first like me. Both of them are earning the Bachelors degrees (or the Swedish equivalent to that!) and both are Swedish. Jake is fun and lets me talk and talk and talk haha so bless his heart. We met up for fika yesterday (fika= Swedish coffee break). At the Studenthus (student house, like the UC) you can get a coffee and cookie (tea or hot cocoa) for 10 kroner (Swedish unit of money). Right now the exchange rate is 1 US dollar is equal to 7 SEK (Swedish kroner) so thats really cheap! I always get the 'O'Boy' hot chocolate haha.

Last night me and Caroline had girls night. We started by going to a group aerobic session at Friskis (no not the cat food... haha http://web.friskissvettis.se/default.aspx?mid=984, the site is in Swedish but might be cool to look at!) then getting a few items to cook with and made a really late dinner. The aerobics was... interesting. The instructor kept making this squealing noise (no joke) I guess to encourage us? Yikes we laughed about it the whole way home. We made a fairly healthy dinner... only so we could destroy it with the pint of Ben and Jerrys she had in her freezer. Girls, sit down. A pint of Ben and Jerrys here costs $7... isn't that INSANE! So I thoroughly enjoyed the Raspberry Bohemian while we watched the Sex in the City movie. So it was a lot of fun, and tonight her and my friend Chris are coming over to have this extremely Swedish dessert that I'm going to have to write about after I try it... Anyway, Caroline asked me about the sorority and I gushed about you girls for as long as she would let me. I'm so glad to have a new good friend, but I really miss you :(

So to wrap up... on my way home I fell into a bush. HAHA for real and it hurt. So Caroline lives really far from me (I live walking distance to everything, and shes at the edge of town). So I borrowed Chris' bike. Well... my feet didn't even reach the pavement when I was sitting on the seat. So I had a REALLY hard time getting on and off the bike. So when I was trying to get on the bike to ride home, I feel over into a tall line of bushes, and hit my knee on the sidewalk... so embarrassing! My dress was covered in burrs lol and Caroline told me I looked like a kid learning to ride a bike (Stephanie... I haven't forgotten how to ride a bike, I swear!) Anyway I was scared the whole way home, because I didn't know what I would do if I had to stop my bike for a car... luckily I rode the whole 20 minutes ride home without stopping the bike once and did a Evil Knievel dive off the bike once I got home.. haha. Anyway its Saturday so time to study and clean. LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment