Sunday, August 9, 2009

Parties!!!

So the past few days have been so much fun! Thursday night was that kraftor dinner party. I took pictures of the beautiful decorations, crayfish and the people I met. (I'll post them very soon.) Usually you wear funny hats during dinner, but our group didn't do that... but we did sing funny songs in Swedish. The host was very sweet to find a song in English to put in the songbook for me! I couldn't believe the group of girls I met that night, they were all so beautiful. That seems to be the trend here! Hah, it doesn't bother me though, I actually appreciate all the beauty I'm constantly surrounded by. Anyway I had a wonderful time. Actually eating the crayfish required lessons which Henrik so kindly assisted me with, hes the one thats been hyping up crayfish since April haha. I only ate 2, which isnt much since some of the guests were eating over 10-15! There were 14 people at the dinner all together.

Party number 2 was last night and was the Gold party that Ive been waiting weeks for!! Jonas and two of his best friends Henrik and Staffan work for Absolut and through a really lavish party at the end of summer every year for the past 4 years. They did an AMAZING job building the party site, with fabric draped over Staffans back patio. There was gold trees, and golden fruit... it really was awesome. I was very happy how my gold outfit came together, cute dress... gold accessories, nothing too crazy. Jonas and the other 2 party planners had gold suspenders which were funny, and spray painted their shoes gold. Anyway the girls from Thursday dinner party were there and since we had already met, we really hit it off. I hung out with them a lot of the night and it was so nice to feel like one of the girls! There was another American gf there, Colleen... so we had some fun together too just bonding over our similar experiences. Of course so was pretty jealous that I'm here for good now, its hard to not fall in love with Sweden once youve been here. So I was told by one Swedish guy that he is over every girl being blonde (in Sweden) so he is only attracted to brunettes and Asians... seriously haha. Anyway after the party there was a bus arranged to take everyone from the party to Pepes, a nice night club in Båstad (where I've been all week). Christofer has all the pictures from last night on his camera so I'll take a few from Facebook once theyre posted and put them here.

Other highlights from this weekend:

Yesterday was the first morning I had pancakes (AMERICAN PANCAKES) without maple syrup. I was pretty sad lol but Louise (Jonas' sister) made some vanilla yogurt and we ate the pancakes with that and fresh picked plums from the backyard. It was nothing compared to pancakes back home, but very good! Chris and Anders were here this weekend for the party so it was great to see them again (even though we will all be in Jönköping together soon!) Emil (whos apartment Ive moved into) and another guy were here also... so today after eating funny pizza (I can't even begin to describe what was on it, but delicious... come on... its still pizza!) we went to the ocean. We were at a special spot that had a cliff to jump off of. It was late in the afternoon so it was very relaxing. OHHH Sweden is under attack. LADYBUGS are everywhere!! Im super serious (I guess its even made the news.) I was starting to HATE them because you couldnt move without having one on you or accidentially killing one. To be honest after a couple of hours I wasnt 'accidentially' killing them anymore haha. Well I've written plenty! I can't believe its almost been a week since I left... still feels like a vacation though. Have to pack now because we are leaving tomorrow. Miss and love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment