Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nyponsoppa


Nyponsoppa was the Swedish dessert we had last night. It is this thick warm juice made from rosehips! What is that? Anyway, we ate it with vanilla ice cream and little almond cookies. It was pretty good. With the ice cream the nypon tasted like a warm orange creamsicle. I've added a picture from the Internet what it looked like. We also played Family Guy Monopoly and that game from Inglorious Bastards where each player has the name of someone famous on their head and has to ask yes or no questions to figure out who it is. I was Jay Leno and some Swedish hockey player for the NY Rangers... I was not happy about that. We had made a rule no Swedes since out of the four of us I was the one who didn't know many. So to help with my Swedish, Jonas reads Swedish children's books with me and one that we read last week was called Babapapa, about this huge blob creature trying to make friends. Anyway, Jonas put Barbapapa on Chris' head as the famous person Chris had to guess. He figured it out right away because I couldn't stop laughing, it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. great blog my favourite!! it's only been a day but i still miss you already ;) /Caroline

    ReplyDelete