Monday, September 14, 2009

DAMN SWEDISH 'CRACKERS!!!'

I am not happy right now... I've spent a lot of time figuring out how to calculate the nutritional information from Swedish packaging. Instead of giving the nutritional information per serving, they give the information per ever 100 grams. This has pros and cons. Pros are you can turn everything into a percentage. For instance if the package says there is 10gram of fat, then you know that 10% of whatever amount of the thing you eat is fat. It helps put nutritional info in a different perspective... but like I said, there are cons (its not quick to figure out the information per serving.) Lets just get into why I'm irritated. Here in Sweden they have something called Kex. Sometimes its more like a cookie and sometimes its more like a cracker. Its very irritating that people can't seem to define it. Anyway, Jonas told me they were crackers, and I thought that meant they weren't cookies... ah. Anyway this afternoon I took the time to figure out how many calories were in each one of these little devil crackers. There are 400 grams in the package, and for 100 grams there was 490 cals (WHOA! never read that before!!) So I counted how many damn flat cracker/cookie/biscuits were in the package (28) So I divided that by 4 (the 400g/100g) so 100g equals 7 cookies, and each of those cookies had 70 calories. I AM SO PISSED, because they are good... but not that good. And I've been eating these cracker/cookies as a snack... and that is an awful snack! BOO! Damn you Swedish cracker/cookies!

(Hah I just reread that whole little math section, and it takes me back to middle school math problems haha! Oh and I really miss Kraft macaroni and cheese... I have the blue box blues!)

2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me miss you really bad! You are too funny!! Only you would take the time to figure all of that out, much less blog about it!! Hahaha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i am just a random person I'm from utah and am looking for some swedish crackers. the only place i've been able to find them is in Zions National Park at a local grocery story is their any place that have swedish crackers in SLC? or areas around?

    ReplyDelete