Monday, September 14, 2009

Did you know Giraffes speak Swedish :)


i thought this was highly amusing and wanted to share... last night i dreamed that jonas and i bought a house together. the best part of this house was that through our living room window we had a giraffe always outside watching us. and this giraffe spoke swedish to me. HAHA all he said was 'god nat,' which is Swedish for 'good night,' but I consider it an honor to have dreamed (even if just a little) in Swedish.

On a side note, I have been trying to work on my Swedish a lot since last Friday. Jonas and I will speak Swedish to each other often after dinner, or I am always practicing new phrases with friends. I mentioned watching Swedish Idol (which is in Swedish, but I understand bits and pieces) and tonight we watched another all Swedish-speaking program. Jonas' cousin Tina is a famous celebrity cook here, and she started a new show 'Tina's Cook-along.' We watched it tonight, and Jonas' other cousin Karin and her daughter were on the show because Tina and a celebrity guest was cooking for them (and a few other celebrities.) My new goal is to get Jonas to get us on Tina's show... come on, who wouldn't love the American girl trying to speak Swedish?!

editors note: I would like to thank Kat for making this beautiful picture for me, which now can help everyone vision my giraffe. Also, for any swedish speaking blog followers, I have been informed (by Jonas) that I spelled 'god natt' wrong, my apologies... but me and my giraffe have an english accent! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment