Friday, September 11, 2009

its a beautiful daaay!

Well ever since I blogged about the cold weather here... its been super nice! Today felt like summer, not even kidding (its kinda a big deal here). Yesterday Jonas and I took a walk around the lake yesterday (yes... the same lake I claimed I was going to run around.. that still hasn't happen haha) Last night Caroline came over and had dinner with us. The game plan was to have grilled cheese and tomato soup. yaaa... Jonas made some weird version of tomato soup (kinda distorted my American sandwich/soup classic). His soup had onion, macaroni noodles... garlic lol. It was good but more like a goulash. And then we watched Idol (aka, Swedish Idol) Obviously its in Swedish, but they sing in English so its still pretty good for me to watch. (Btw, heard that Ellen is replacing Paula on American Idol!)

Okay, so I would like to discuss my adventures in cooking. Before moving here, I had never really cooked a meal on my own. Now, I cook meals a couple nights a week now. So here is how I've progressed. Meal 1: I burned the potato-fries. Meal 2. I burned rice (is that even possible?) Meal 3. Didn't burn any food... but I burned a corkboard pot holder. It was under a pot, on the stove top... annnnnd I let that baby cook! Haha That was week 2. Now after week 3 of trying to cook I have improved a lot. Tuesday I made AWESOME cheeseburgers. I even spent the big bucks for kraft singles (the cheese haha) It cost $3 for 10 slices. YIKES, at Kroger's its $1 for 24 slices. Wednesday I made a crunchy cornflake chicken that tasted like chicken fingers (but much healthier) and Thursday I made scones for breakfast, and then Jonas and I made two loaves of a apricot/nut bread. Tonight I'm baking a special treat for Anders and his gf Judith (shes visiting from Berlin and they are coming over for tacos and I am teaching them Euchre). He loves cinnamon and apples so I found a cookie that will be really good :) So why am I cooking so much? It is really expensive to eat out here! An average lunch costs $10-$12... now that I'm buying my own groceries I know that money could go towards some items that will last me a few days, rather than one meal. WOW look at me growing up!

UGH I feel like this blog is so boring! Hmmm I got in a confrontation with this Indian guy in my class. He interupted me and a friend talking, and was really hard to understand. After I understood what he asked, I still told him I didn't know what he was talking about... meaning... I didn't know the answer to his question and he freaked out on me saying "I AM SPEAKING TO YOU" Whoa! Easy buddy! So I busted out with some Kropp attitude and told this guy what was up. Omg I'm ending this blog til I can think of some more interesting stuff to talk about.

Hmm so I finally had time this morning to check out the fiction section at the school library. So depressing! They only had 3 small book shelves with literature in english.. boo! So I checked out Jane Eyre... they had all those books you always hated reading in American Lit, or Humanities (A Raisin in the Sun, A Tale of Two Cities, Canterbury Tales) haha well if thats the only choices I have... I might become very educated in English classics haha

Alright, boring entry over. Have a good weekend everyone... and it is weird not being in America to have all the reminders of 9/11. Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment